Saturday, June 18, 2011

Carefree Highway

Micah and I had a date I like to call a trip along the "carefree highway". Both he and I wanted to get out of the house and go explore the middle part of the state where the sun shines it's beautiful rays and their are warm water lakes. We are thinking about buying a vacation property over there because it is only a few hours away, yet it feels like a whole different place. Plus it is always a bonus to have water nearby since both he and I have such fond memories of being out on lakes. It is a perfect paradise.

As we were driving along the highway, Micah noticed sculptures of horses on top of a steep mountainside. He insisted we stop at it and make the hike up to see them close up. I looked at him and thought he was crazy. I had on terrible shoes, and I thought there is no way I can make it up a climb like that. But I did! I was so proud of myself. I forget that I'm not a 350 pound woman anymore who doesn't do things like this. Now I am active and able to experience the outdoors. It was freeing and beautiful.





When we made it to Lake Roosevelt we both sat by the water and enjoyed the beautiful scenery. Where we live we haven't seen too much sun, so we were soaking it up.





On the drive to Lake Roosevelt we drove along side a body of water called Soap Lake. It really was the strangest sight. Around the whole entire edge of the water and rocks was this white residue. It was pretty cool. You didn't have to be a rocket scientist to know why it was called Soap Lake, but the name did do one thing - make us look and look, over and over again.





At the end of a fun day of exploring a whole new part of Washington, Micah and I slept in the van at a rest stop. We really did have a great time. When we are together, we could go anywhere and think that it was the most fun. I guess that is why we have lasted being married so long.

No comments:

Post a Comment